Synergy Counselling Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
Synergy Counselling is taking the following precautions to protect our clients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- Office seating in the waiting room and in therapy rooms has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- A plexiglass shield will separate admin staff from clients.
- Most appointments will be conducted by telehealth to minimize the traffic in the office.
- Anyone, counsellor, staff or client, who has been exposed to or who is showing symptoms of the Coronavirus will not be permitted into the Synergy Counselling office.
- It is recommended that masks be worn whenever social distancing cannot be followed. Please bring your own, as these are difficult to stock.
- Our staff maintains safe distancing whenever possible.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is asked to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy rooms, the waiting room and at the reception counter.
- The number of counsellors working together each day is limited in order to minimize the number of people in the building at all times.
- Appointment times for in-person sessions are being staggered to allow for cleaning/sanitizing in between sessions. Please pay close attention to your scheduled time as it may occur on the quarter, half or three quarter hour.
- We ask all clients to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- We are encouraging the use of contactless e-transfers for session payment. Credit card numbers can be provided to admin staff over the phone and these can be keyed in manually. Receipts will be issued by email.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins can be easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis. Please do not use your hands to open trash bins.
- Common areas are disinfected throughout the day.
- Intake and consent forms are available online. These should be completed prior to arrival and emailed back to admin staff whenever possible.
- All staff and clients attending in-person appointments have a signed COVID-19 Consent Agreement in place prior to attending their first appointment.