Synergy Counselling Community,
At Synergy Counselling our mission is to provide access to exceptional mental health care for everyone, and we remain deeply committed to ensuring access to care.
As the world responds to the COVID 19 pandemic, our concerns around personal health and safety of our clients, their families, our team and the community are a priority. We continue to monitor and follow the recommendations of our Provincial Health Minister. We are working on transitioning our services to promote social distancing and the safety of all. We encourage you to continue meeting with us via teletherapy in the coming weeks and to see below for tips to make the transition smoother.
We will continue to re-evaluate as the situation evolves, and we appreciate your understanding. As always, we are here to support you.
Preparing for Teletherapy
Extensive research shows that teletherapy offers an effective way to ensure continuity of care, and continue your relationship with your clinician. Similarly, for our new clients, teletherapy allows you to get started in care with a clinician who is a great fit for your needs, goals, and preferences.
- You will receive a calendar invite for each session. The invite will contain instructions on how to join a secure session, and what to do if technical disruptions occur.
- Video or phone sessions are both available – feel free to discuss with your clinician, and decide what makes sense for you
- Our teletherapy services are conducted using secure, HIPAA-compliant tools
- Before each session, be sure to have an emergency contact in mind, and let your clinician know where you’ll be located — this is an important safety step! To start the session, your clinician will ask for your location and gather your verbal consent to begin care via teletherapy
We encourage you to try the below suggestions, to ensure a smooth and productive teletherapy session.
- If at all possible, identify a quiet, enclosed space to protect your privacy. Please avoid doing teletherapy sessions while driving.
- For video sessions, be mindful of where you sit in relation to a window or source of light. Try to ensure your face is clearly visible, with no glare. Your visible expressions are equally as important via video as they are in person!
- If you can, place your computer on a stable surface (not your lap) and avoid using your phone for video sessions.
- Turn off any notifications and minimize sounds that could be distracting during the session.
For more information and resources on teletherapy please read this article on self.com. If you have questions or concerns about teletherapy or your care, feel free to reach out to your clinician at email@example.com.
The Synergy Counselling